Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jane Austen

It was the 10th grade that I was first introduced to Jane Austen’s novel Pride and Prejudice. I can admit now that I was not enticed by what looked to be a long and droning novel. However, after finishing the last of those crispy pages, I knew I had found my favorite book and author. I was officially in love with Jane Austen. She has written numerous novels, all of which I consider as pillars of English literature.

Austen’s numerous novels have illuminated on issues of social class, family dynamics, and most of all romance. She is an alluring author who uses simple stories of love and despair to create classic novels. She consistently narrates her stories with much precision and detail, and a faint yet comic dialogue. As a reader, she has created worlds of passion and brought them to life through her dainty writing techniques. Although her choices in topics do not vary often, she has certainly learned to turn the often average and drab English countryside into a dramatic and effervescent scene.

I have not read all of her novels yet, but my goal has always been to read all of them before I graduate college. As of now, it still remains a challenge, but just like Austen, I am passionate about her writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment