Friday, January 28, 2011

Sarah Dessen: My Favorite Author

Like many other people in this class, I've enjoyed reading since I was very young. As I have grown up, the style of books and the authors that I enjoy reading have changed significantly. Lately, I can't get enough of Sarah Dessen. Her style of writing is easy to read, yet it is so meaningul. Her books consist of romance, as well as issues with family, and just growing up in general. I can find something to relate myself to in any one of her books, as I imagine most of her other readers do as well. I think that is something that makes a writer/author truly great: No matter what they are writing about, they find some way to connect to the reader personally. Although the books can be long (some are 400 pages), I find myself reading them cover to cover in one sitting. I can't put them down. After reading The Truth About Forever, I actually went out and purchased six more books that she has written. Among my favorites are: Just Listen, This Lullaby, The Truth About Forever, Someone Like You and That Summer. I know the books are not the most 'culturally diverse' or 'mature' books to read, but I ENJOY myself when I'm reading them and they always want to make me read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment