Friday, March 11, 2011

Final Article Progress

Unlike Ally, unfortunately, I'm making very little progress with my research. I wanted to write a how-to piece about ways college students can make the most of their home away from home--the city or town their college is in. Because this idea was inspired by the relatively poor relationship between Lehigh and Bethlehem, I wanted to focus on local schools in urban settings such as Lehigh, Moravian, and Lafayette. I started with a list of a handful of people that I really wanted to include in my article, and contacted all of them, thinking that following those interviews, I would branch out to students, local businesses, and residents to hear their opinions.

I hit the road block right away. Out of the six offices and individuals I e-mailed and then called, I only heard back from one. We scheduled an interview (finally thinking I was getting somewhere!), and I was stood up. I e-mailed him asking to reschedule, and I haven't heard anything yet.

At this point, I'm thinking it's time to go back to the drawing board. I'm worried that if I start from scratch I'll fall behind, but I also don't want to risk the same thing by clinging to my original idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment