Thursday, March 31, 2011

Interview Ease

In general, my interviews have gone very well. Most of the questions that I have asked are the same, based on whether the person I am talking to is a student-athlete or the organizer of the program. Because of the nature of the questions, the interviewees have had a lot to talk about in terms of their experiences abroad and what they have gotten from the programs. I found in general that student-athletes were more excited to talk about their trips than the organizers. However, when I spoke to organizers about what inspired them to found the organization, they were very passionate about sharing information with me. One difficulty that I have had is in talking to people with religion as their basis for going abroad to volunteer. These religious people continually emphasized the importance of God and spreading the Christian faith. While I think it's great that religion brings them together, it was hard for me to relate on that matter and continue with follow-up questions to get the answers that I was hoping for. Otherwise, the interview process has been a great success!

No comments:

Post a Comment