Monday, February 7, 2011

Entertain Me

Being a movie buff, Entertainment Weekly popped out on the table filled with tens of titles staring back at me. I have always briefly scavenged through this magazine in hopes of finding a few good reviews of movies or a new hit tune to listen too. This particular issue was devoted to 2010 entertainers and their influence in the entertainment business, a very intriguing topic for me.
At first glimpse, when skimming through the magazine quickly, I noticed how much imagery was present in the magazine. Almost all of the articles had full page images of profiles,movie sequences, even the advertisements took up many full pages. Certainly images are important in a magazine like this, however, they seemed to take over a little too much.
One of the articles that really stood out to me was the Social Network article in which the cast of the feature film was discussed. For each character, you read a quote and a "Why Him/Her?" It gives you a different persepctive on the process of choosing characters for a movie.
In general many of the articles were very short, either interviews or a quick recap of the entertainer's past year.
Although Entertainment weekly is not a magazine I would purchase per say, I recommend it for any movie goers or tv buffs out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment